May I have your attention please, this is NOT a drill.
h***@nospam.com
2009-01-30 03:57:35 UTC
http://silverbearcafe.com/private/01.09/collapse.html
Time to Prepare for the Collapse - Gwen Caldwell

(Editor's Note: This is not a drill. The [would be] leaders that you
have put your trust and faith in have had their way with you (and you
probably weren't even kissed). Denial is not a river in Egypt. If you
have any friends, tell them (I know, they won't listen. Most of my
friends don't even listen. But that doesn't stop me from telling
them). If you follow our advise and nothing happens, so what. If you
don't, and everything you read here comes true, you are going to find
yourself, and your friends, up a creek without ... - JSB)

Take the time to prepare for the coming financial woes.

The financial stability of our country is in peril. Unemployment
continues to rise. The housing market continues to fall. Banks are
failing at an unprecedented rate. The stock markets are unstable, as
is our dollar. Folks, the new regime in Washington is not going to fix
this problem! No matter how many bailouts they want us to pay for, we
are only applying a band-aid to a gapping wound in the financial
jugular vein of this country! It will not stop the bleeding.

We have got to start facing the facts and preparing for the total
collapse of our financial system as we know it. Start downsizing now!
Get your pantries stocked with food, water, essential vitamins and
medicines. Making these preparations now may not only save your life,
but will ensure that your quality of life is not reduced in the face
of economic disaster.

We can live for three hours in the cold. Have a back up shelter plan
with a heat source.

We can live for three minutes without air. Have a first aid kit and
EMT book for reference.

We can live for three days without water. Get a water filter system
and store water.

We can live for three weeks without food. Stock your pantries.

Every person should have a bug out bag that contains at least these
minimums in case of any emergency. A sleeping bag or blanket, tarp or
tent, clothes line rope, fire starter, food for three days, water, a
mess kit, a knife, a towel, a change of clothes with extra socks,
outer wear for the season, first aid kit, flashlight and batteries.

When stocking your pantry always start by buying your staples first.
Things like flour, sugar, oats, salt, oil and Crisco, rice, dried
beans, lentils, pastas, nuts and dried fruits, etc. Then buy canned
goods, starting with canned meats, vegetables, fruits, tomato sauce,
soups, etc.

Then think about those every day things you and your family eat. It
does no good to stock pile and store foods that your family won't eat.
Buy things to season foods and enhance foods like bullion cubes, gravy
mixes, spices and herbs. Buy condiments like ketsup, mustard, BBQ
sauce, mayonnaise and so on. Snack food and cereals. Hot chocolate
mix, coffee, tea, Tang, and other water enhancers.

Be sure to consider any special dietary needs your family members
have. If you have family members that have Diabetes for instance you
may want to make sure you have plenty of cinnamon as it helps regulate
blood sugar. Get stevia for a sweetener.

I encourage all of you to look around your homes at the things that
you could liquidate right now to create storage space for food and
that can create extra financial resources for stocking up on food.
Quit eating out, avoid fast food and junk food. Eat popcorn, fruits
and vegetables for snacks to keep your immune system built up and save
money.

Think about those things that will disappear in a crisis and make sure
you have them. Oil lamps and oils, batteries, diapers, camp stoves and
fuel, guns and ammo, toilet paper are things that come to mind. Think
about those things that might be good barter items in your area...get
them.

I urge you to go online and purchase heritage garden seeds, so that
you can grow your own food. Even if you live in a small apartment you
can plant food in containers to help you supplement what is in your
pantry. Buy sprouting seeds and a sprouter. Buy canning jars, so that
you have a means of preserving your food.

There are many excellent videos at www.youtube.com on sustainability,
survival skills, long term food storage, growing urban gardens and so
forth. Take the time to educate yourselves on these skills.

I believe that our time to prepare is short and would encourage all of
you to do what you can now. I have already noticed that the shelves at
the stores where I live have less selection and fewer items. It is not
unconceivable that one day the shelves will be empty.

We will not be getting a bail out, be assured. Our bail out is how we
prepare now and how well we do it.

Friday, January 23, 2009
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-01-30 23:49:59 UTC
On Jan 29, 10:57 pm, ***@nospam.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> I urge you to go online and purchase heritage garden seeds, so that
> you can grow your own food. Even if you live in a small apartment you
> can plant food in containers to help you supplement what is in your
> pantry. Buy sprouting seeds and a sprouter. Buy canning jars, so that
> you have a means of preserving your food.
>
> There are many excellent videos atwww.youtube.comon sustainability,
> survival skills, long term food storage, growing urban gardens and so
> forth. Take the time to educate yourselves on these skills.
>
> I believe that our time to prepare is short and would encourage all of
> you to do what you can now. I have already noticed that the shelves at
> the stores where I live have less selection and fewer items. It is not
> unconceivable that one day the shelves will be empty.
>
> We will not be getting a bail out, be assured. Our bail out is how we

What happened to Hope we can Change for?

So you mean that the even more MASSIVE debts being racked up by the
current administration and Congress are not going to fix things?

They pulled the remainder of the TARP. $350B. A $900B stimulus that
ISN'T a stimulus at all! You ever figure out why there's so LITTLE
spending in it and that won't occur for years?

It's because the vast majority of the money is going to the States
because all FIFTY of them are bankrupt! This is a bill to plug THIS
YEAR's holes in the States' budgets.

I know a guy who has a neighbor who got an unemployment check from
California...it was a fucking IOU!

They want to do "bad bank"? That will cost $4T more.

This administration and Congress will continue to borrow and spend
until the fucking currency collapses.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-01-31 00:01:48 UTC
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:49:59 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>This administration and Congress will continue to borrow and spend
>until the fucking currency collapses.

the currency is collapsing anyway. That train wreck was started long
ago. Throwing money at the problem will not stop it. It will take
years for the economy to recover. Better go scope out the local
airports and figure out which airplane you are going to steal. Might
want to give some thought as to where you are going to fly the fucking
thing.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-01-31 00:08:20 UTC
> the currency is collapsing anyway.  That train wreck was started long
> ago.  Throwing money at the problem will not stop it.  It will take
> years for the economy to recover.  Better go scope out the local
> airports and figure out which airplane you are going to steal.  Might
> want to give some thought as to where you are going to fly the fucking
> thing.

I'm going to fly it up your ass, dipwad!

The States are NOT all run by the Repugnicons...you ever notice that?

The most liberal states are the most bankrupt.

This is a cross-aisle issue and any partisanship that's injected into
it by people like you just further serves to confuse anyone.

Instead of focusing on the problem, they devolve into opposing camps
of fucking cheerleaders.

The rightards on this forum paid mere LIP SERVICE to Busch's spending
and deficit records ($1.1T was the real deficit last year). Now, they
cannot stomach O'bamma's spending and the Demonfags on here hated
everything Busch did (except, curiously the spending), and rah rah
cheerlead Change we can Hope for.

All of you need to be hanged. The real federal deficit this year will
be north of $3T. It is growing geometrically. I warned each and
every fucking one of you for years about what was going to happen. I
may revise my forecast away from Japanese sovereign default and to the
other island G7 nation, the UK. Really though it won't matter.

All that you know is at an end. You're a moron on your mountain, you
will not be spared.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-01-31 00:13:08 UTC
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:08:20 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>All that you know is at an end. You're a moron on your mountain, you
>will not be spared.

I knew this was going to happen 30 years ago. My chances of not only
getting through this unscathed, but actually profiting from it, are
thousands of times better than yours.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-01 17:14:44 UTC
> I knew this was going to happen 30 years ago.  My chances of not only
> getting through this unscathed, but actually profiting from it, are
> thousands of times better than yours.

I have no time for misanthropes who've been wrong for 30 years.

Your chances of coming through anything unscathed are infinitesimal
because you are a self-hating, unlikeable, stupid piece of shit.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-01 18:12:01 UTC
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:14:44 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> I knew this was going to happen 30 years ago.  My chances of not only
>> getting through this unscathed, but actually profiting from it, are
>> thousands of times better than yours.
>
>I have no time for misanthropes who've been wrong for 30 years.

no, I've been exactly right, about everything. I knew this was all
coming to pass long before you even understood the concept of carrying
capacity.

>Your chances of coming through anything unscathed are infinitesimal
>because you are a self-hating, unlikeable, stupid piece of shit.

you're hardly one to call anyone unlikeable you ass. Beside, my
neighbors are going to like me just fine when they realize I'm the
only person within miles that has any food for sale.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-01 18:39:20 UTC
> no, I've been exactly right, about everything.   I knew this was all
> coming to pass long before you even understood the concept of carrying
> capacity.

This has nothing to do with carrying capacity.

> you're hardly one to call anyone unlikeable you ass.  Beside, my
> neighbors are going to like me just fine when they realize I'm the
> only person within miles that has any food for sale.

Food is not in shortage and will not be. You have invested in the
worthless, as has your wife.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-01 19:07:29 UTC
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 10:39:20 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> no, I've been exactly right, about everything.   I knew this was all
>> coming to pass long before you even understood the concept of carrying
>> capacity.
>
>This has nothing to do with carrying capacity.

well, yea, in a way it does. We've been living on borrowed time
because of cheap credit and unfettered consumption of fossil fuels.

>> you're hardly one to call anyone unlikeable you ass.  Beside, my
>> neighbors are going to like me just fine when they realize I'm the
>> only person within miles that has any food for sale.
>
>Food is not in shortage and will not be. You have invested in the
>worthless, as has your wife.

you're in for a hell of a shock then. Just like you were when your
wife walked out on you.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-04 05:11:45 UTC
> well, yea, in a way it does.  We've been living on borrowed time
> because of cheap credit and unfettered consumption of fossil fuels.

Of course we have. But sounding the alarm 30 years ago and claiming
that because you are right like a stuck clock means nothing.

Those who can warn of things about to happen that then do come to pass
are those who should be listened to, not dipshits on mountains.

> you're in for a hell of a shock then.  Just like you were when your
> wife walked out on you.

She didn't walk out on me, and even if she did, it was the best thing
she ever did for me. I don't miss her a fucking bit.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-01 19:18:38 UTC
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> no, I've been exactly right, about everything.   I knew this was all
>> coming to pass long before you even understood the concept of carrying
>> capacity.
>
>This has nothing to do with carrying capacity.
>
>> you're hardly one to call anyone unlikeable you ass.  Beside, my
>> neighbors are going to like me just fine when they realize I'm the
>> only person within miles that has any food for sale.
>
>Food is not in shortage and will not be. You have invested in the
>worthless, as has your wife.
>
>Trav
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/01/gm-crops-food-shortages

Britain 'must revive farms' to avoid grave food crisis
Top thinktank issues stark warning of unrest over prices and says GM
crops could offer a solution

Jamie Doward, home affairs editor
The Observer, Sunday 1 February 2009

Britain faces a major food crisis unless urgent steps are taken to
revive its flagging agricultural sector, warns one of the world's most
influential thinktanks.

Following a week in which world leaders and the United Nations
expressed
deep concern about the prospect of global food shortages, Chatham
House
suggests there needs to be a major shake-up in the UK's supply chain
if the
country is to continue feeding itself.

Controversially, the report's authors claim the debate about the use
of GM
crops in the UK will have to be reopened if productivity is to be
increased,
a suggestion likely to spark anger from the green lobby.

They claim: "As part of the co-ordinated technological response, the
debate
over GM technology will need to be reopened. GM crops are cited by
many food
supply professionals as among the tools required in efforts to
reconcile the
maintenance of agricultural productivity with more sustainable and
affordable food production." But they add: "The issue remains highly
contentious."

The thinktank on international affairs also claims the UK's consumers
must
expect to pay significantly more for their food if they want the
country to
develop a long-term sustainable food policy.

The stark assessment is contained in a new report, Food Futures:
Rethinking
UK Strategy, published tomorrow. It carries a chilling warning that
the UK
cannot consider itself immune to what is happening in the global food
system, and that recent spikes in commodity prices, which have caused
misery
for many consumers as the cost of living has soared, should not be
considered as freak events.

Instead, the report's authors quote experts in the food supply chain
who
believe the prospect of the UK being hit by a crisis is "highly
likely". The
report claims: "What we had thought of as abundant food supply is
anything
but. Western societies, in particular, have tended to take their food
supply
for granted. The global system will reach breaking point unless action
is
taken."

An increasing focus on food security comes as international demand for
meat,
crops and dairy products inflates prices. The inflationary trend has
had a
major impact on the UK, whose increasing reliance on other countries
for its
food has made it vulnerable to price fluctuations. Less than half -
48% - of
food consumed in the UK is produced here, according to the Department
for
the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Just under 30% comes from
Europe
and the rest from outside the EU.

Rapidly increasing demand from countries such as China, the increased
cost
of fuel, a rising world population and falling yields have conspired
to send
food prices shooting up.

Between June 2005 and June 2008, the global price of butter rose by
74%,
chicken by 62%, US wheat by 120% and milk powder by 69%. The effect
has been
to hit the pockets of UK consumers far harder than in other European
countries. In the UK, food-price inflation peaked at 12.8% in August
last
year, compared with 6.7% in France and 7.1% in the United States. It
meant
that a UK family that spent £100 a week on food in 2007 had to spend
nearly
£13 a week - or £665 a year - more in 2008 to consume the same basket
of
goods.

John Beddington, the chief scientific adviser to the government,
observes:
"We are going to have to expect to have - throughout the world and not
just
in the UK - higher food prices."

According to Chatham House, it is vital that consumer attitudes change
if
the UK is to develop a sustainable food policy. We throw away about a
third
of all food purchased - 6.7 million tonnes a year - of which more than
half
is edible.

An increasing global population, coupled with limited land for
agricultural
expansion, has placed a new focus on each country's use of resources.
The
Chatham House authors conducted a series of private workshops with
representatives from the food industry and quangos, retailers,
scientists
and government officials before compiling their report. Those
interviewed
agreed that the recent softening of food prices was a "fragile peace"
and
warned that the future could see increased social division, with those
on
lower incomes hardest hit by price rises.

But it is the UK's vulnerability to international events that could
quickly
trigger the nightmare scenario for the government - a shortage of
affordable
food.

"A crisis could develop through some form of external 'shock', such as
animal or crop disease, or extreme weather events," the report claims.
"A
global food crisis caused by harvest failure and food shortages could
also
impact directly on British interests through restrictions on trade and
reduced availability of both agricultural commodities and key inputs
domestic food production."

Equally, the experts questioned said that they believed that even a
sustained period of high global food prices could be enough to trigger
crisis in the UK.

Much of the blame in the report for the UK's increasing dependence on
the
outside world for its food supply is laid at the door of falling
productivity levels on farms. The report's authors call for more money
fund farm expansion, agricultural innovation and skills.

But it recognises that there is also an increasingly vocal lobby
calling on
the government to address the power of supermarkets, whose ability to
dictate terms to farmers has been blamed for many of them going out of
business.

The report concludes: "There is a real potential for demand growth to
outstrip increases in global food production. Effects on developing
countries would be devastating. Developed countries will be affected,
too.
Expectations of abundant and ever cheaper food could come under
strain. The
UK can no longer afford to take its food supply for granted."
Herbert Cannon
2009-02-02 16:08:29 UTC
The US is a food exporter fool.
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-04 05:12:20 UTC
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/01/gm-crops-food-short...
>
> Britain 'must revive farms' to avoid grave food crisis
> Top thinktank issues stark warning of unrest over prices and says GM
> crops could offer a solution

Earth to hal: we don't live in the UK.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-09 03:39:20 UTC
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:12:20 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/01/gm-crops-food-short...
>>
>> Britain 'must revive farms' to avoid grave food crisis
>> Top thinktank issues stark warning of unrest over prices and says GM
>> crops could offer a solution
>
>Earth to hal: we don't live in the UK.

Eartht to Trav, it's all the same planet. The same problems they have
we have.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-09 03:50:18 UTC
> Eartht to Trav, it's all the same planet.  The same problems they have
> we have.

Good god, you're fucking stupid. We have no problem with food
production here like the UK does.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-09 04:08:14 UTC
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:50:18 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> Eartht to Trav, it's all the same planet.  The same problems they have
>> we have.
>
>Good god, you're fucking stupid. We have no problem with food
>production here like the UK does.

It is a global crisis. We are not isolated. The fact that we are a
net food producer nation does not mean we will not be affected by the
global skyrocketing demand for food.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-10 00:19:54 UTC
> It is a global crisis.  We are not isolated.  The fact that we are a
> net food producer nation does not mean we will not be affected by the
> global skyrocketing demand for food.

Food production here is not global. It's here.

We will be unaffected or else we will start a food-backed currency.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-10 00:54:30 UTC
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:19:54 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> It is a global crisis.  We are not isolated.  The fact that we are a
>> net food producer nation does not mean we will not be affected by the
>> global skyrocketing demand for food.
>
>Food production here is not global. It's here.

no, food production is global because our corporatists will export it
all if there is money in it.

>We will be unaffected or else we will start a food-backed currency.

a food-backed currency... works for me.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-10 01:08:33 UTC
> no, food production is global because our corporatists will export it
> all if there is money in it.

Um...no, moron.

If people HERE are starving, they will eat the fucking corporatists.
And you.

Look fuckhead, just give it up...there is NO possible scenario in
which you will be important.

> a food-backed currency...  works for me.

Your food will be seized by the corporatists.

Trav
Laszlo
2009-01-31 01:14:05 UTC
'The IMF says tax cuts and public spending and borrowing boosts all
over the world will be useless unless the financial system is
rebooted.

Its managing director, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, warned: "If there's not
a restructuring of the banking system, all the money you can put into
[monetary and fiscal] stimulus will just go into a black hole."'

Okay, what does this even mean? How do you "reboot" the financial
system? What would a restructuring of the banking system entail? Is
the IMF making sense here, or just blowing more smoke?

To look at the question another way: is default (through
hyperinflation, for example) truly inevitable? If yes, does that mean
global default? What will that entail? Hungary actually experienced
incredible hyperinflation in the 40s, it forced us to completely scrap
our old currency (the pengo) and intruduce the current one (the
forint.) Would such a stunt be capable of salvaging the economy?

I'd like to not end up living in a tent. Even more importantly, I'd
like to not die... the stuff in the article seems like stopgap
measures; what would be an actual solution? Is there even a solution
on a national/global scale, or is it going to be Mad Max and people
starving to death in the streets?

I'd like to not feel completely helpless. I've got some good skills,
and I'm pretty intelligent, but this isn't something I know how to
deal with.

In addition... well, it's weird that there's all this gloom and doom
from very credible sources, but I'm personally feeling none of it
right now. My job *seems* stable, I'm making plenty of money, and none
of my friends are suffering at all. Yet. Are things really as bleak
and hopeless as you guys are saying? Are we mere months away from
total collapse? It seems difficult to believe.

What the hell do I do?

Laszlo
suds macheath
2009-01-31 16:39:46 UTC
Laszlo wrote:
> 'The IMF says tax cuts and public spending and borrowing boosts all
> over the world will be useless unless the financial system is
> rebooted.
>
> Its managing director, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, warned: "If there's not
> a restructuring of the banking system, all the money you can put into
> [monetary and fiscal] stimulus will just go into a black hole."'
>
> Okay, what does this even mean? How do you "reboot" the financial
> system? What would a restructuring of the banking system entail? Is
> the IMF making sense here, or just blowing more smoke?
>
> To look at the question another way: is default (through
> hyperinflation, for example) truly inevitable? If yes, does that mean
> global default? What will that entail? Hungary actually experienced
> incredible hyperinflation in the 40s, it forced us to completely scrap
> our old currency (the pengo) and intruduce the current one (the
> forint.) Would such a stunt be capable of salvaging the economy?
>
> I'd like to not end up living in a tent. Even more importantly, I'd
> like to not die... the stuff in the article seems like stopgap
> measures; what would be an actual solution? Is there even a solution
> on a national/global scale, or is it going to be Mad Max and people
> starving to death in the streets?
>
> I'd like to not feel completely helpless. I've got some good skills,
> and I'm pretty intelligent, but this isn't something I know how to
> deal with.
>
> In addition... well, it's weird that there's all this gloom and doom
> from very credible sources, but I'm personally feeling none of it
> right now. My job *seems* stable, I'm making plenty of money, and none
> of my friends are suffering at all. Yet. Are things really as bleak
> and hopeless as you guys are saying? Are we mere months away from
> total collapse? It seems difficult to believe.
>
> What the hell do I do?
>
> Laszlo

---I'm in your situation as well, still employed but looking hard at a
furlough situation in the near future. You say you have plenty of money,
you may want to check out the survivalist culture."Crisis Preparedness
Handbook" is a good reference, if you're interested.
In it, I was perusing the food stockpiling plan called the 7 Plus
system. You'll need approx 12 cubic feet per person (using square cans)
to stockpile food for a year. This is fine and dandy if you own a home
with about 48 cubic feet of storage space. But, what if you have a
mortgage? Will the bank call it in early, like they did in the 30's,
leaving you with a yearly stockpile of food and no storage space?
And, let's not forget water. I try to keep a two week supply (30 gal
minimum), but a years worth? Will water and sewer services be curtailed
drastically as more and more basic govt services become strapped for
cash? Sanitation? I have yet to purchase a bag of lime....
Don't forget you'll probably have to defend that supply. You'll
need a defensive type rifle (I'd like the Ruger mini 14 6.8, but I'll
have to make do with the SKS) and at least 500 rounds...both of which
are being or will soon be price gouged by gun dealers.
Then there's sanitation, cooking fuel, medical equip, ect...
I live in a hurricane prone area, and have some provisions, but
we'll be tapped out after a couple weeks or so. My thoughts are, if you
don't have it by now, acquire as much as you can afford.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Herbert Cannon
2009-01-31 23:45:02 UTC
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/jan/29/apocalypse-survival-guide-tanya-gold
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-01 17:20:59 UTC
> ---I'm in your situation as well, still employed but looking hard at a
> furlough situation in the near future. You say you have plenty of money,
> you may want to check out the survivalist culture."Crisis Preparedness
> Handbook" is a good reference, if you're interested.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...you're a nut.

Whatsamatter, that cradle-to-grave socialism hasn't made your happy
outcome a foregone conclusion?

>     In it, I was perusing the food stockpiling plan called the 7 Plus
> system. You'll need approx 12 cubic feet per person (using square cans)
> to  stockpile food for a year. This is fine and dandy if you own a home
> with about 48 cubic feet of storage space. But, what if you have a
> mortgage? Will the bank call it in early, like they did in the 30's,
> leaving you with a yearly stockpile of food and no storage space?

This nuclear winter fantasy horseshit just needs to stop.

There is NO PROBLEM WITH FOOD PRODUCTION, ok? NONE.

All this is is a DEBT crisis with MONEY. It need NOT collapse the
goddamned world. All we have to do is REPUDIATE the debt, and walk
away.

>     And, let's not forget water. I try to keep a two week supply (30 gal
> minimum), but a years worth? Will water and sewer services be curtailed
> drastically as more and more basic govt services become strapped for
> cash? Sanitation? I have yet to purchase a bag of lime....
>      Don't forget you'll probably have to defend that supply. You'll
> need a defensive type rifle (I'd like the Ruger mini 14 6.8, but I'll
> have to make do with the SKS) and at least 500 rounds...both of which
> are being   or will soon be price gouged by gun dealers.

COMPLETE horseshit. Total and complete. You cannot defend your own
property this way.

>     Then there's sanitation, cooking fuel, medical equip, ect...
>      I live in a hurricane prone area, and have some provisions, but
> we'll be tapped out after a couple weeks or so. My thoughts are, if you
> don't have it by now, acquire as much as you can afford.
> Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

You cannot prepare for the worst.

Trav
suds macheath
2009-02-03 10:45:43 UTC
***@aol.cominyrface wrote:
>> ---I'm in your situation as well, still employed but looking hard at a
>> furlough situation in the near future. You say you have plenty of money,
>> you may want to check out the survivalist culture."Crisis Preparedness
>> Handbook" is a good reference, if you're interested.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHA...you're a nut.
>
> Whatsamatter, that cradle-to-grave socialism hasn't made your happy
> outcome a foregone conclusion?

---When has the US had "cradle to grave socialism"?

>> In it, I was perusing the food stockpiling plan called the 7 Plus
>> system. You'll need approx 12 cubic feet per person (using square cans)
>> to stockpile food for a year. This is fine and dandy if you own a home
>> with about 48 cubic feet of storage space. But, what if you have a
>> mortgage? Will the bank call it in early, like they did in the 30's,
>> leaving you with a yearly stockpile of food and no storage space?
>
> This nuclear winter fantasy horseshit just needs to stop.
>
> There is NO PROBLEM WITH FOOD PRODUCTION, ok? NONE.
>
> All this is is a DEBT crisis with MONEY. It need NOT collapse the
> goddamned world. All we have to do is REPUDIATE the debt, and walk
> away.

----Sure. You can buy food with a wheelbarrow full of green backs if you
wish....and then some crim will steal it from you.....

>> And, let's not forget water. I try to keep a two week supply (30 gal
>> minimum), but a years worth? Will water and sewer services be curtailed
>> drastically as more and more basic govt services become strapped for
>> cash? Sanitation? I have yet to purchase a bag of lime....
>> Don't forget you'll probably have to defend that supply. You'll
>> need a defensive type rifle (I'd like the Ruger mini 14 6.8, but I'll
>> have to make do with the SKS) and at least 500 rounds...both of which
>> are being or will soon be price gouged by gun dealers.
>
> COMPLETE horseshit. Total and complete. You cannot defend your own
> property this way.

----Yes, you can, Tranass....after Hurricane Andrew here there were many
instances of people defending their property from roving crims.

>> Then there's sanitation, cooking fuel, medical equip, ect...
>> I live in a hurricane prone area, and have some provisions, but
>> we'll be tapped out after a couple weeks or so. My thoughts are, if you
>> don't have it by now, acquire as much as you can afford.
>> Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
>
> You cannot prepare for the worst.

----I'd rather have my own food and water than stand in line in the hot
sun. You see, Tranass, this is a little thing we go through down here
every few years, and you didn't see me or mine standin' in the ice
line....
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-04 05:19:07 UTC
> ---When has the US had "cradle to grave socialism"?

It has it right now.

> ----Sure. You can buy food with a wheelbarrow full of green backs if you
> wish....and then some crim will steal it from you.....

This simply doesn't happen anywhere.

Your outlook on humanity, which is very common among liberals, is
godawfully sick. To you EVERYONE is looking to victimize people.

Sorry, man, I just don't live around people like that. It must amaze
you that TRULY POOR people were killed in the hundreds of thousands in
Indonesia yet there was no civil unrest and no looting despite a
MASSIVE disaster.

Besides, I'm armed. I'm not a victim like your kind worships. You
are morally empty.

> ----Yes, you can, Tranass....after Hurricane Andrew here there were many
> instances of people defending their property from roving crims.

Look, dumbfuck, there is a HUGE difference between a SHORT TERM state
of disorder and the PERMANENT one you are envisioning.

Andrew did not have the stereotypical roving hordes of starving
zombies like you hysterical paranoids keep saying are coming for me.

If what you say is true, then you cannot defend your property this
way. They will come back in greater numbers with parity in armament
and kill you.

Thank god that NOWHERE is like you say here will be. It must gall the
fuck out of you libtards that white people don't behave in this
manner. You point to the very worst people and claim we're equal to
them...no thank you.

I saw a guy stalled on the road in his car and I went to help push
start him - in brazil. I see people living on the sidewalk, I give
them money. That's the type of person I am, not a soulless
bottomfeeder like you. People help people, savages steal and rob and
kill.

> ----I'd rather have my own food and water than stand in line in the hot
> sun. You see, Tranass, this is a little thing we go through down here
> every few years, and you didn't see me or mine standin' in the ice
> line....

I intend to procure water purification shortly. Air2water.net

Trav
suds macheath
2009-02-04 23:36:28 UTC

----Horseshit.

>> ----Sure. You can buy food with a wheelbarrow full of green backs if you
>> wish....and then some crim will steal it from you.....
>
> This simply doesn't happen anywhere.

---Yerss, Tranass, it happened here after Hurricane Andrew.

> Your outlook on humanity, which is very common among liberals, is
> godawfully sick. To you EVERYONE is looking to victimize people.
>
> Sorry, man, I just don't live around people like that. It must amaze
> you that TRULY POOR people were killed in the hundreds of thousands in
> Indonesia yet there was no civil unrest and no looting despite a
> MASSIVE disaster.
>
> Besides, I'm armed. I'm not a victim like your kind worships. You
> are morally empty.

---The racist narcissist speaks....what a hypocrite....

----I never said it'd be permanant, you stupid douche...

> Andrew did not have the stereotypical roving hordes of starving
> zombies like you hysterical paranoids keep saying are coming for me.

----Your hyperbole is amusing, if not particularly creative. There were
indeed gangs of crims patrolling neighborhoods looking for people to
rob...many were deterred by simple homemade signs warning that the
residents were armed.

> If what you say is true, then you cannot defend your property this
> way. They will come back in greater numbers with parity in armament
> and kill you.

---No, they don't....they usually move on to someone who's easier prey....

> Thank god that NOWHERE is like you say here will be. It must gall the
> fuck out of you libtards that white people don't behave in this
> manner.

-----BWAHAHAHA.......in Tranass world, there are no white people in
prison....BWAHAHAHA....

You point to the very worst people and claim we're equal to
> them...no thank you.

---People become meaner when the veneer of civilization is removed,
Tranass....except in your world where white people become saintly....

> I saw a guy stalled on the road in his car and I went to help push
> start him - in brazil.

----Whoop-tee-do, your good deed of the decade....I helped an old couple
load some heavy items in their trunk, then I gave a jump start to a
black guy's car-in a black neighborhood. I give to the DAV and United Way.
You're a pitiful slacker compared to me.....

I see people living on the sidewalk, I give
> them money.

----Sure, ya do Travass... you keep giving them money till your wallet's
empty. What a poseur....

That's the type of person I am, not a soulless
> bottomfeeder like you.

---Yet, you're a soulless racist puke....

-----Sure, Bambi, sure....

----Why? Nothings going to happen, here, Travass, we're all going to
live together in peace and harmony once the evil economy crashes....
Herbert Cannon
2009-02-06 16:33:55 UTC
"suds macheath" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ***@aol.cominyrface wrote:
>>> ---When has the US had "cradle to grave socialism"?
>>
>> It has it right now.
>
> ----Horseshit.
>

>>> ----Sure. You can buy food with a wheelbarrow full of green backs if you
>>> wish....and then some crim will steal it from you.....
>>
>> This simply doesn't happen anywhere.
>
> ---Yerss, Tranass, it happened here after Hurricane Andrew.

Not really. Andrew was hardly Armageddon. As a matter of fact it was far
less than Katrina and that was not Armageddon.

>> Your outlook on humanity, which is very common among liberals, is
>> godawfully sick. To you EVERYONE is looking to victimize people.
>>
>> Sorry, man, I just don't live around people like that. It must amaze
>> you that TRULY POOR people were killed in the hundreds of thousands in
>> Indonesia yet there was no civil unrest and no looting despite a
>> MASSIVE disaster.
>>
>> Besides, I'm armed. I'm not a victim like your kind worships. You
>> are morally empty.
>
> ---The racist narcissist speaks....what a hypocrite....

To the liberal gun grabber who keeps a shot gun "handy" ( but not readily
available), fortifies his house, has a special fence, has special locks, has
large dogs, has an alarmn system and thinks I am afraid cause I got a
istol - interesting screech.

>>> ----Yes, you can, Tranass....after Hurricane Andrew here there were many
>>> instances of people defending their property from roving crims.
>>
>> Look, dumbfuck, there is a HUGE difference between a SHORT TERM state
>> of disorder and the PERMANENT one you are envisioning.
>
> ----I never said it'd be permanant, you stupid douche...

What is temporary?

>> Andrew did not have the stereotypical roving hordes of starving
>> zombies like you hysterical paranoids keep saying are coming for me.
>
> ----Your hyperbole is amusing, if not particularly creative. There were
> indeed gangs of crims patrolling neighborhoods looking for people to
> rob...many were deterred by simple homemade signs warning that the
> residents were armed.

You loot we shoot. Something the Clinton News Network ( CNN ) tried mightily
to ignore.

>> If what you say is true, then you cannot defend your property this
>> way. They will come back in greater numbers with parity in armament
>> and kill you.
>
> ---No, they don't....they usually move on to someone who's easier prey....

Unarmed liberal gun grabbers?

>> Thank god that NOWHERE is like you say here will be. It must gall the
>> fuck out of you libtards that white people don't behave in this
>> manner.
>
> -----BWAHAHAHA.....

Dick got caught in your fly zipper again?

..in Tranass world, there are no white people in
> prison....BWAHAHAHA....

Very few here. How about where you are? Look up the stats yourself.
What did Jessie Jackson say - when he heard footsteps behind him and he
looked he was relieved to see it was a white person.
You really ought to get buttons on your fly.

> You point to the very worst people and claim we're equal to
>> them...no thank you.
>
> ---People become meaner when the veneer of civilization is removed,
> Tranass....except in your world where white people become saintly....

They do seem to cooperate better. All you have to do is watch the weather
catastrophes. California fires versus some hurricanes. You just dont want to
believe what actually happens. Funny how 75,000 whites evacuated St Bernard
Parish here without a problem. No one thought to mention them much.

>> I saw a guy stalled on the road in his car and I went to help push
>> start him - in brazil.
>
> ----Whoop-tee-do, your good deed of the decade....I helped an old couple
> load some heavy items in their trunk, then I gave a jump start to a black
> guy's car-in a black neighborhood. I give to the DAV and United Way.
> You're a pitiful slacker compared to me.....

So what I have done the same many times.

> I see people living on the sidewalk, I give
>> them money.
>
> ----Sure, ya do Travass... you keep giving them money till your wallet's
> empty. What a poseur....

Which one of you could spare $5 for Chas? Two poseurs.

> That's the type of person I am, not a soulless
>> bottomfeeder like you.
>
> ---Yet, you're a soulless racist puke....

I must be the only nice one here.

> People help people, savages steal and rob and
>> kill.
>
> -----Sure, Bambi, sure....

Oh my you do have a jaundiced view of your fellow man. Could it be that Trav
is right about you?

>>> ----I'd rather have my own food and water than stand in line in the hot
>>> sun. You see, Tranass, this is a little thing we go through down here
>>> every few years, and you didn't see me or mine standin' in the ice
>>> line....

Like all the - ahem - others you are so stoutly defending? They onlys stood
in free ice lines here.

>> I intend to procure water purification shortly. Air2water.net
>
> ----Why? Nothings going to happen, here, Travass, we're all going to live
> together in peace and harmony once the evil economy crashes....

You mean Obama not going to save us?

suds macheath
2009-02-10 00:08:10 UTC
Herbert Cannon wrote:
> "suds macheath" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> It has it right now.
>> ----Horseshit.

>>> This simply doesn't happen anywhere.
>> ---Yerss, Tranass, it happened here after Hurricane Andrew.
>
> Not really. Andrew was hardly Armageddon.

---Yet, there were gangs of crims looking for easy money, just as I
claimed....

----You're a liar....show us the post where I promoted "gun grabbing"...

who keeps a shot gun "handy" ( but not readily
> available), fortifies his house, has a special fence, has special locks, has
> large dogs, has an alarmn system and thinks I am afraid cause I got a
> istol - interesting screech.

---I see your memory is as bad as your reading comprehension, Dim. This
is the reason I ignore most of your posts nowadays....Well, here ya go:

1. Shotgun on the top shelf, bedroom closet...not carried around the
house at all times like you do with your pistol...
2. Fortified house by having locks? No, Dim, you're a liar, or dementia
has set in..
3. No, Dim, not a "special" fence....a plain wire cloth fence ... most
others have better wood fences and gates...
4. "Special" locks? No, Dim, double cylinder deadbolt locks are pretty
standard fare...they come with most houses nowadays.....
4. No, Dim, not a large dog...a terrier/spaniel mutt....whose main
quality is that he barks when strangers approach....
5. No, Dim, no alarm system...that was *you* remember?

In light of these significant lies, or "embellishments", or plain
dementia onset, I'm not going to waste time on you, Dim....you're in my
"bore file" with Goldberg....but, do keep trying, Dim...I may deign to
point out your hypocrisy every great once in a while if it's blatant
enough...
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-09 03:16:26 UTC
> ----Horseshit.

That's what your head is full of, yes.

> ---Yerss, Tranass, it happened here after Hurricane Andrew.

Not even CLOSE. Not even remotely close.

And, Andrew looting was perpetrated by the same people as Katrina
looting.

> ----I never said it'd be permanant, you stupid douche...

Your state of stupidity sure is.

> ----Your hyperbole is amusing, if not particularly creative. There were
> indeed gangs of crims patrolling neighborhoods looking for people to
> rob...many were deterred by simple homemade signs warning that the
> residents were armed.

LOL...what a crock of shit. what a total crock of shit and completely
irrelevant to a prolonged societal collapse.

> ---No, they don't....they usually move on to someone who's easier prey....

You are the easiest.

> -----BWAHAHAHA.......in Tranass world, there are no white people in
> prison....BWAHAHAHA....

Not compared to other races, no. Whites are a distinct MINORITY in
jail.

> ---People become meaner when the veneer of civilization is removed,
> Tranass....except in your world where white people become saintly....

Didn't happen during floods, fires, hurricanes, ANYTHING.

> ----Whoop-tee-do, your good deed of the decade....I helped an old couple
> load some heavy items in their trunk, then I gave a jump start to a
> black guy's car-in a black neighborhood. I give to the DAV and United Way.
> You're a pitiful slacker compared to me.....

That's merely one thing I do. I donate to a variety of causes.
wow...you jumpstarted a BLACK guy's car in a BLACK neighborhood and I
bet the car was a BLACK car too, wasn't it?? HAHAHAHAHA

> ----Sure, ya do Travass... you keep giving them money till your wallet's
> empty. What a poseur....

Fuck you, you self-entitled parsimonious piece of lint.

> ---Yet, you're a soulless racist puke....

You're a bottomfeeder and your accusations of racism are empty.

> ----Why? Nothings going to happen, here, Travass, we're all going to
> live together in peace and harmony once the evil economy crashes....

I doubt that so long as there are people like you around. Your
stupidity poses a danger to all of us

Trav
suds macheath
2009-02-09 23:48:32 UTC

----And who will do the Great Depression 2 looting....

-----Yawn....still never said permanent, douche....you're a liar as well....

>> ----Your hyperbole is amusing, if not particularly creative. There were
>> indeed gangs of crims patrolling neighborhoods looking for people to
>> rob...many were deterred by simple homemade signs warning that the
>> residents were armed.
>
> LOL...what a crock of shit. what a total crock of shit

----It's a fact, Tranass, look it up. Kinda fucks up your Aryan
theories, eh?

----Look up the former Confederate states circa 1865, Trannass....

----Come get some, then...

>> -----BWAHAHAHA.......in Tranass world, there are no white people in
>> prison....BWAHAHAHA....
>
> Not compared to other races, no. Whites are a distinct MINORITY in
> jail.

-----And blacks are a distinct minority in the halls of power. Hmmmm,
let's see.....Stalin was white, millions dead....Hitler was white,
millions dead....they weren't criminal?

>> ---People become meaner when the veneer of civilization is removed,
>> Tranass....except in your world where white people become saintly....
>
> Didn't happen during floods, fires, hurricanes, ANYTHING.

----And, you've never been near floods, fires or hurricanes. The New
York draft riots of the 1860's featured white people, Tranass, you may
want to look it up.
The brutal gangs of the old west featured whites as well .....at the end
of the Civil War, there were no roving gangs of whites in the South
living off thievery and rapine in Tranass' ignorant world history
...they all held hands and prayed for food....BWAHAHAHA what a racist
tool you are....

>> ----Whoop-tee-do, your good deed of the decade....I helped an old couple
>> load some heavy items in their trunk, then I gave a jump start to a
>> black guy's car-in a black neighborhood. I give to the DAV and United Way.
>> You're a pitiful slacker compared to me.....
>
> That's merely one thing I do.

---Other than sucking cocks? Well, I'll bet you're a master of the
tossed salad as well....

I donate to a variety of causes.

----Aryan Nation doesn't count...

-----I see my sarcasm was lost on your "genius" intellect....BWAHAHAHA...

----Fuck you and yours you arrogant, Aryan asshole...

>> ---Yet, you're a soulless racist puke....
>
> You're a bottomfeeder and your accusations of racism are empty.

----Only to an Aryan asshole like you....all of your racial theories are
very prominent on White Power sites. You are indeed one of them....you
should be strung up the way your forebears lynched innocent black folk....

>> ----Why? Nothings going to happen, here, Travass, we're all going to
>> live together in peace and harmony once the evil economy crashes....
>
> I doubt that so long as there are people like you around.

----Sure, according to you, we'll all live harmoniously in poverty,
happy that there are no banks or money....

Your
> stupidity poses a danger to all of us

-----Someone "stupid" like me will be the one who cuts your throat for
your Rolex, douchebag....one less racist pig will be a good thing, and
the watch money may feed a hungry black family....
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-10 00:31:38 UTC
> ----And who will do the Great Depression 2 looting....

Lemme guess..black people again?

> ----It's a fact, Tranass, look it up. Kinda fucks up your Aryan
> theories, eh?

There were no gangs of white people roving and looting during Andrew.
There weren't gangs of much of anyone. What there were were blacks
and hispanics and in relatively isolated cases. Certainly not
organized gangs.

> ----Look up the former Confederate states circa 1865, Trannass....

Look up "ASSHOLE," Spuds McCunt.you'll see your picture there.

> -----And blacks are a distinct minority in the halls of power. Hmmmm,
> let's see.....Stalin was white, millions dead....Hitler was white,
> millions dead....they weren't criminal?

Congo War. Are we worried about a despot or street criminals here?

> ----And, you've never been near floods, fires or hurricanes. The New
> York draft riots of the 1860's featured white people, Tranass, you may
> want to look it up.

That was the 1860s, you pathetic fucking MORON.

> ...they all held hands and prayed for food....BWAHAHAHA what a racist
> tool you are....

Bwahahaha...look I'm tired of dealing with your insane, poorly-worded,
and stupid shit.

> ----Only to an Aryan asshole like you....all of your racial theories are
> very prominent on White Power sites. You are indeed one of them....you
> should be strung up the way your forebears lynched innocent black folk....

Right, like I'm a far right winger and whatever else.

Look, you're pathetic and stupid to boot. Why do you even embarrass
yourself by speaking?

you are a fucking broken record, you fuckin dumbass.

> -----Someone "stupid" like me will be the one who cuts your throat for
> your Rolex, douchebag....one less racist pig will be a good thing, and
> the watch money may feed a hungry black family....

Come try it you motherfucking idiot. Come try it, I double fucking
dare you.

I know you like choking on cock but probably won't when it's your own.

Trav
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-01 17:18:54 UTC
> 'The IMF says tax cuts and public spending and borrowing boosts all
> over the world will be useless unless the financial system is
> rebooted.
>
> Its managing director, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, warned: "If there's not
> a restructuring of the banking system, all the money you can put into
> [monetary and fiscal] stimulus will just go into a black hole."'
>
> Okay, what does this even mean? How do you "reboot" the financial
> system? What would a restructuring of the banking system entail? Is
> the IMF making sense here, or just blowing more smoke?

It means debt jubilee. It means that debt-based money systems are
restarted. It means gold standards and things like that. The IMF is
correct. The system is imploding and it cannot be stopped at this
point.

> To look at the question another way: is default (through
> hyperinflation, for example) truly inevitable? If yes, does that mean
> global default? What will that entail? Hungary actually experienced

Yes. Inevitable now.

> incredible hyperinflation in the 40s, it forced us to completely scrap
> our old currency (the pengo) and intruduce the current one (the
> forint.) Would such a stunt be capable of salvaging the economy?

The economy is driven by things in the REAL WORLD. I keep trying to
get people to PLEASE understand that all of this paper and debt is not
REAL. It's a PAPER claim to something.

Real things drive the economy. What happened is what I said would
happen, when I began discussing this with people here 3 or 4 years
ago. Peak oil caused an end to the age of exponential growth. Simple
as that.

ALL growth systems, including money, must inflect and reorient to
reflect the new reality.

> I'd like to not end up living in a tent. Even more importantly, I'd
> like to not die... the stuff in the article seems like stopgap
> measures; what would be an actual solution? Is there even a solution
> on a national/global scale, or is it going to be Mad Max and people
> starving to death in the streets?

Collapsed societies do NOT look like Mad fucking Max. Madmax is a
goddamned sattire of US, not a reality.

> I'd like to not feel completely helpless. I've got some good skills,
> and I'm pretty intelligent, but this isn't something I know how to
> deal with.

Just enjoy the ride, because it will be...memorable.

> In addition... well, it's weird that there's all this gloom and doom
> from very credible sources, but I'm personally feeling none of it
> right now. My job *seems* stable, I'm making plenty of money, and none
> of my friends are suffering at all. Yet. Are things really as bleak
> and hopeless as you guys are saying? Are we mere months away from
> total collapse? It seems difficult to believe.

The UK was HOURS - literally - away from total banking collapse in
October. There was a massive run underway from major clients in the
east on all of their major banks.

> What the hell do I do?
>
> Laszlo

Chill out. Remember, debt is paper. It's a fiction. It has no REAL
meaning.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-01 18:20:31 UTC
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:18:54 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>Chill out. Remember, debt is paper. It's a fiction. It has no REAL
>meaning.
>
>Trav

paper debt is not the problem. The problem will become real when the
total lack of money and credit makes the worldwide food distribution
network to come crashing down. The stores will be emptied in two days
tops. It will be riots as people attempt to hoard everything they can
get their hands on. Those with resources stockpiled will have to
defend themselves because rioting will quickly overwhelm local police
units. The military will be called in to keep order. Most likely
martial law will be declared. Cities will be locked down to prevent
hoards roaming and terrorizing the suburbs and countryside. If you
live in the cities and don't get out in time you will be stuck
scrounging for a bottle of water and meager rations along with the
poor starving masses. If you manage to get out of the city most of
you have no where to go. Disease will become rampant as municipal
water supplies shut down or become contaminated and drugs become
unavailable. Hospitals will quickly become overwhelmed. Charities
and aid organizations will quickly become overwhelmed.

but again, remember, I'm the eternal optimist. In reality things
could get really bad.
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-01 18:48:51 UTC
> paper debt is not the problem.  The problem will become real when the
> total lack of money and credit makes the worldwide food distribution

LOL. what a fucking moron.

Dude. Money is a fiction. It can be PRINTED. It can be backed by
food or gold or any number of things. Money self-expresses. Credit
does not make the fucking world go round.

> network to come crashing down.  The stores will be emptied in two days
> tops.  It will be riots as people attempt to hoard everything they can
> get their hands on.  Those with resources stockpiled will have to
> defend themselves because rioting will quickly overwhelm local police

Wow...nevermind that this hasn't happened ANYWHERE. Ever.

> units.  The military will be called in to keep order.  Most likely
> martial law will be declared.  Cities will be locked down to prevent
> hoards roaming and terrorizing the suburbs and countryside.  If you

Good lord, this shit is so frighteningly inaccurate and stupid that it
defies comment.

> live in the cities and don't get out in time you will be stuck
> scrounging for a bottle of water and meager rations along with the
> poor starving masses.  If you manage to get out of the city most of
> you have no where to go.  Disease will become rampant as municipal
> water supplies shut down or become contaminated and drugs become
> unavailable.  Hospitals will quickly become overwhelmed.  Charities
> and aid organizations will quickly become overwhelmed.

All because of money and credit? LOL.

Dude, the government can PRINT money. They used to do exactly that!
There is no SHORTAGE of money because money needs no input.

> but again, remember, I'm the eternal optimist.  In reality things
> could get really bad.

You're the eternal idiot.

Trav
h***@nospam.com
2009-02-01 19:12:22 UTC
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 10:48:51 -0800 (PST), "***@aol.cominyrface"
<***@aol.com> wrote:

>> paper debt is not the problem.  The problem will become real when the
>> total lack of money and credit makes the worldwide food distribution
>
>LOL. what a fucking moron.
>
>Dude. Money is a fiction. It can be PRINTED. It can be backed by
>food or gold or any number of things. Money self-expresses. Credit
>does not make the fucking world go round.

you cannot keep printing fiat currency. Look up Weimar Republic if
you want to know what will happen if you try to print your way out of
economic meltdown.

>> network to come crashing down.  The stores will be emptied in two days
>> tops.  It will be riots as people attempt to hoard everything they can
>> get their hands on.  Those with resources stockpiled will have to
>> defend themselves because rioting will quickly overwhelm local police
>
>Wow...nevermind that this hasn't happened ANYWHERE. Ever.

Yes, it has. Germany prior to WWII. And Argentina 1999-2002

>> units.  The military will be called in to keep order.  Most likely
>> martial law will be declared.  Cities will be locked down to prevent
>> hoards roaming and terrorizing the suburbs and countryside.  If you
>
>Good lord, this shit is so frighteningly inaccurate and stupid that it
>defies comment.

you're simply in denial because you are scared shitless and have no
idea what to do.

>> live in the cities and don't get out in time you will be stuck
>> scrounging for a bottle of water and meager rations along with the
>> poor starving masses.  If you manage to get out of the city most of
>> you have no where to go.  Disease will become rampant as municipal
>> water supplies shut down or become contaminated and drugs become
>> unavailable.  Hospitals will quickly become overwhelmed.  Charities
>> and aid organizations will quickly become overwhelmed.
>
>All because of money and credit? LOL.

no, because of a combination of things, most of all extreme
overpopulation, peak oil, fresh water and food shortages, and sever
unemployment and poverty, all followed by skyrocketing crime rates.

>Dude, the government can PRINT money. They used to do exactly that!
>There is no SHORTAGE of money because money needs no input.
>
>> but again, remember, I'm the eternal optimist.  In reality things
>> could get really bad.
>
>You're the eternal idiot.

you call me an idiot and just got done claiming we can simply print
our way out of this mess. Fuck me you're stupid.

travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-04 05:25:57 UTC
> you cannot keep printing fiat currency.  Look up Weimar Republic if
> you want to know what will happen if you try to print your way out of
> economic meltdown.

You are HONESTLY going to try to have a monetary discussion with ME?
I've truly seen it all.

Dude, I am plagiarized by motherfuckers who are on CNBC talking about
this shit. Yet you are going to tell ME about Weimar?

I repeat, there NEED BE no shortage of money and credit.

> Yes, it has.  Germany prior to WWII.  And Argentina 1999-2002

Completely WRONG. You never let bein wrong stop you, do you?
Fuckhead.

I am the one who brought up Argentina...and you are going to tell me,
again, YOU are going to tell ME something about Argentina. LOL.

> you're simply in denial because you are scared shitless and have no
> idea what to do.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

OMG, hal, you outdo yourself on stupidity on an ongoing basis, bravo.

*I*, the one who first said what was going to happen, called it almost
to the day, and even told your sorry ass what banks to short? *I* am
scared shitless and have no clue? LOL.

Roving hordes of starving zombies...hahahahahaha. Man if you weren't
so laughably pathetic then you'd just be plain pathetic.

> no, because of a combination of things, most of all extreme
> overpopulation, peak oil, fresh water and food shortages, and sever
> unemployment and poverty, all followed by skyrocketing crime rates.

There's no extreme overpopulation and no current shortage in oil.

There was OVERCONSUMPTION, halifux. That is being rectified.

There is massive poverty in many places, yet low crime rates. Poverty
does not cause crime.

> you call me an idiot and just got done claiming we can simply print
> our way out of this mess.  Fuck me you're stupid.

You are barely worth responding to.

Show me where I said we could print our way out of this mess. Cite
it.

I said we need not have a credit problem or monetary problem. That IS
easily rectified.

Now, I cannot warrant that the fucking liberal idiots that you people
install in government like George Busch or Brick O'bamma will not
print the dollar into worthlessness, but if we were to take Friedman's
suggestion, I think his was one of the few things he got right.

Trav
Wayne Dobson
2009-02-09 18:42:06 UTC
***@aol.cominyrface wrote:
>> you cannot keep printing fiat currency. Look up Weimar Republic if
>> you want to know what will happen if you try to print your way out of
>> economic meltdown.
>
> You are HONESTLY going to try to have a monetary discussion with ME?
> I've truly seen it all.
>
> Dude, I am plagiarized by motherfuckers who are on CNBC talking about
> this shit.

Makes a nice circle, doesn't it?

<Snip>

>> you call me an idiot and just got done claiming we can simply print
>> our way out of this mess. Fuck me you're stupid.
>
> You are barely worth responding to.
>
> Show me where I said we could print our way out of this mess. Cite
> it.
>
> I said we need not have a credit problem or monetary problem. That IS
> easily rectified.

It's almost as if you are saying that this crisis is manufactured. I
think you need to go have a sit down.

--
Wayne Dobson
AKA "Dobbie the House Elf"
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-10 00:32:59 UTC
> Makes a nice circle, doesn't it?

Your anus? A really big circle, yeah.

> It's almost as if you are saying that this crisis is manufactured.  I
> think you need to go have a sit down.

Stupidity like you have should be illegal.

NO it is NOT manufactured. All exponential growth systems inflect
eventually.

Trav
Laszlo
2009-02-01 19:15:49 UTC
On Feb 1, 6:18 pm, "***@aol.cominyrface" <***@aol.com>
wrote:
> Chill out.  Remember, debt is paper.  It's a fiction.  It has no REAL
> meaning.
>
> Trav

Well... thanks, I guess. I'm not sure why you're saying a collapsed
financial system is nothing to worry about, though. Paper money may
not be real, but right now it gets me real things, like food and
shelter. I'm not sure what you're saying the alternative is going to
be, and why it's going to be all right.

Basically, I have no idea what a collapsed economy looks like.
Obviously not Mad Max (I was being facetious,) but what? Government
taking over all private production and distributing food? People
moving to villages and growing their own? What should I be preparing
for?

I really don't care that much about wealth or poverty, by western
standards. I'm well-off right now, but I grew up poor, and it doesn't
terrify me. But there's things I need, like food and a warm place to
sleep, and I'd like to know where that stuff is going to come from
when I can't just fork over money for them.

Laszlo
travisgod@aol.cominyrface
2009-02-04 05:34:29 UTC
> Well... thanks, I guess. I'm not sure why you're saying a collapsed
> financial system is nothing to worry about, though. Paper money may
> not be real, but right now it gets me real things, like food and
> shelter. I'm not sure what you're saying the alternative is going to
> be, and why it's going to be all right.

Paper money?

dude...paper money is a triviality. The system we have is a bank-
based, debtmoney system. I merely claim we can replace THAT.

We cannot print more oil or real things. But we in the west
overconsume so grossly that there isn't an oil shortage either. If we
revert to simpler lifestyles filled with less moneylove, things will
be fine and sustainable.

The reality here is that the monetary system requires perpetual
growth. We can do without these banks and banks in general. There's
no real need for them. They're a parasite.

The rest of it? Well, it's been over 200 years of industrial growth
economics that have just ended, apparently unforeseen by many. That
will require an adjustment. But, let's have a hard look in the
mirror. If we went back to 1970s consumption patterns, it's clear
that there is AMPLE raw material resource base still remaining.

> Basically, I have no idea what a collapsed economy looks like.

I do. Most of E Europe is at the verge of fiscal collapse. Japan is
and the UK is. So if you don't know, you'll see it. Iceland
collapsed.

Are there roving hordes of staving zombies? The shit idiots like hal
say is so absurdly stupid and easily disproved that it amazes me that
they even say it.

> Obviously not Mad Max (I was being facetious,) but what? Government
> taking over all private production and distributing food? People
> moving to villages and growing their own? What should I be preparing
> for?

You should merely be mobile and have some hard assets. Seclusion and
isolation plays are low-probability.

> I really don't care that much about wealth or poverty, by western
> standards. I'm well-off right now, but I grew up poor, and it doesn't

Then YOU ARE FINE. You have no expectations that won't be met. It's
like falling out of a first-floor window for you.

The USSR collapsed...where were the roving zombie mobs? Argentina,
Iceland, Brazil, Argentina, hell we bombed fucking Yugoslavia...where
were the zombie mobs? Even Beirut wasn't that bad during the civil
war.

The people from there think we are insane. We overreact to everything
just to pretend like we're more important than we are, so devoid of
meaning are our lives in the West. We're desperate for "realness,"
because we have vacated our moral center.

> terrify me. But there's things I need, like food and a warm place to
> sleep, and I'd like to know where that stuff is going to come from
> when I can't just fork over money for them.
>
> Laszlo

You'll figure it out if it comes to that.

Those of us who are accustomed to driving things like VW Phaetons are
the ones for whom the adjustment downward will be worse. But, to tell
you the truth, I love the relative simplicity of places like Brazil.
Sure, it's great to walk in and buy really expensive shit there with
an Amex Platinum card and they ask you if you want to do the 5
payments or 10 payments and you say no, just one whole payment and
they adopt a quizzical expression and sort of marvel about how you
could afford a $150 pair of shorts; it makes you feel like you are
"someone," but only if you are a moneyloving American who has your
priorities all wrong.

Trav
s***@gmail.com
2009-02-09 20:34:48 UTC
> >Good god, you're fucking stupid.  We have no problem with food
> >production here like the UK does.
>
> It is a global crisis.  We are not isolated.  The fact that we are a
> net food producer nation does not mean we will not be affected by the
> global skyrocketing demand for food.

Correct. It means that we have an abundance of something that the
rest of the world is willing to buy from us. That is what being a
"net producer" means. We have far more food than we need without even
being close to our production capabilities. In fact, our government
plays an active role in *limiting* the amount of food that is produced
and sent into the market, just to keep prices from dropping too low.

There are areas in the world where there are shortages of food, some
of them very severe. The United States is not one of those places,
not even remotely. If food shortages increase around the world to the
extent that importing food becomes expensive here, we have an
absolutely *enormous* capacity to increase our own production.
Stanley Moore
2009-02-09 21:51:06 UTC
<***@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >Good god, you're fucking stupid. We have no problem with food
> >production here like the UK does.
>
> It is a global crisis. We are not isolated. The fact that we are a
> net food producer nation does not mean we will not be affected by the
> global skyrocketing demand for food.

Correct. It means that we have an abundance of something that the
rest of the world is willing to buy from us. That is what being a
"net producer" means. We have far more food than we need without even
being close to our production capabilities. In fact, our government
plays an active role in *limiting* the amount of food that is produced
and sent into the market, just to keep prices from dropping too low.

There are areas in the world where there are shortages of food, some
of them very severe. The United States is not one of those places,
not even remotely. If food shortages increase around the world to the
extent that importing food becomes expensive here, we have an
absolutely *enormous* capacity to increase our own production.

I agree. The US is very fortunate. Though food shortages may affect us to
the extent that we won't be able to get fresh raspberries in January and
cherries in February from Chile or elsewhere. We might have to tighten our
belts so as to eat foods domestically grown when they are in season. Now
don't get me wrong, I love raspberries in my oatmeal for breakfast but I do
not really NEED to have them year round. Take care
--
Stanley L. Moore
"The belief in a supernatural